Blanchard-Strabler Funeral Home has provided the highest quality service and products since 1874. Ludger Blanchard opened Blanchard & Sons in the East side of Toledo in early 1900s at 431 East Broadway. Wilmer Blanchard, Sr. and Dewey Blanchard worked for their father full time.
They opened up the 2nd location in 1924 in West Toledo at 1163 W. Sylvania Ave. Wilmer ran the West side and Dewey the East side day to day but remained partners. Both operated as Blanchard Brothers. In 1952 when Dewey died, they closed the East side location. Wilmer stayed in West Toledo and operated the business with his sons, Wilmer "Bud" (in 1933) and Harold Blanchard. Wilmer, Jr. remained active in the business until his death in 2007 at the age of 91. Wilmer Blanchard III (“Jim”) joined the firm in 1966 after graduation from CCMS and remained active until his death in 2015. Jim Strabler, a lifelong friend since childhood with the Blanchard family became involved with the firm from 1998 and remains until the present day. Jim Strabler grew up in the neighborhood and would ride his bike as a child and stop and visit at Blanchard Brothers from the 1970’s.
In 2020 Blanchard-Strabler moved to their current location at 3219 Tremainsville Road, Toledo OH.
Blanchard-Strabler Funeral Home
Phone: (419) 269-1111
3219 Tremainsville Road,
Toledo, OH 43613
Your browser may not work with certain site. Upgrade now.